Which countries have you been to? Which of them seemed like a good place to live?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Which countries do you think take in the most immigrants?
- How do countries decide whom to allow in? What factors do they consider?
- Do many people emigrate from your country? Where do most of them go?
- Why do people usually leave your country? What are they looking for?
- Have you considered emigrating? If you were to emigrate, where would you go? Why?
- Which country in the world is the safest to live in? How important is safety to you?
- Which country has the best education system? In what ways is it good?
- Where in the world are there good economic opportunities? Where is it relatively easy to make money?
- Which country would be the most enjoyable to live in? What makes it a fun place?
- Are there many immigrants in your country? Where do they come from?
- What kinds of jobs do immigrants typically do in your country?
- When did your ancestors arrive in your country? Do you know where they came from?
- What challenges do you think an immigrant faces in a new country?
- Do you know any recent immigrants? How did you meet them?
- In what ways does immigration benefit a country?
- What are some possible negative effects of immigration?
- Do you think immigrants should learn to speak the language of their new country? How well do they need to speak it?
- If you married someone from another country, how would the two of you decide where to live?
- Do developed countries have a responsibilities to welcome refugees from parts of the world that are experiencing difficulties? Why or why not?
- Some people believe there should be free migration throughout the world. What would be the result of anybody being able to go anywhere?