What movies came out this year? What movies are out now? Which of them have you seen? How were they?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- What genres of movies do you like?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why do you like it?
- What’s the worst movie you have ever seen?
- Is going to the movies too expensive? How much are you willing to pay to see a movie at the cinema? Will you pay more to see a film in 3D?
- Who is the most beautiful actress in the world? Who is the most handsome actor in the world?
- Talk about someone you think is a very talented actor or actress.
- Do you like animated movies? Or are they just for kids?
- Do you enjoy movies from your own country or other countries more? From which other countries?
- Do you try to watch films that win awards? Are awards good indicators of film quality?
- What do you like to eat or drink while watching a film?
- How long should a movie be? How long is too long?
- Are sequels ever as good as the original? Give examples of good sequels if you can.
- How do you choose which movie to watch? By the genre? Director? Main star?
- Does watching movies in English help you learn English? Would you recommend this method to language students?
- Can we learn about a culture from the movies that culture produces? What have you learned from foreign films?
- Do you mind reading subtitles when you watch a foreign language film, or would you prefer it is dubbed into your own language?
- Does violence in films and on television inspire violence in real life?
- Do you think age restrictions for films are effective?
- Are you looking forward to any upcoming movies? What film do you want to watch these days?