Have you met anyone for the first time recently? How did you meet?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- How often do you meet new people? How do you usually meet them?
- When you meet someone for the first time, how do you feel?
- How long does it take you to feel comfortable with a new person?
- What is the first thing you usually do or say when you meet a person for the first time?
- Do you know any good ice-breaker questions?
- Which topics do you avoid when you talk with someone for the first time? Which topics are safe?
- What does ‘first impressions matter‘, mean? Do you agree?
- Do you think you make a good first impression?
- Have you ever met a boyfriend or girlfriend’s parents? What kind of impression did you make?
- When you meet someone and hear their name, do you remember it easily? Do you have any tricks to remember names well?
- Have you ever introduced yourself to a stranger in public? Why? What did you say?
- Is it more comfortable for you to meet men or women? Why?
- Have you ever met somebody and immediately hit it off? What made you get along so quickly?
- Have you ever been to a party where people were mingling? How good are you at circulating?
- Do you remember faces? If you have met a person, do you easily recognize them later?
- If you are walking down a street and see someone you think you know, do you always stop and say hello? Why or why not?
- How do people meet people to date these days?
- Some couples have romantic or funny stories about how they first met. Have you heard any good ones you would like to share?
Explain why you think each of the following personality traits is either positive or negative:
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Who are you?
- What is your best personality trait?
- What is your biggest fault? Are you trying to overcome it?
- Do people fall in love with good looks or with a great personality?
- Do you have a positive or negative attitude?
- Is it possible for a person to be too positive or too happy?
- What personality traits does a leader need?
- How does one person’s character affect the personalities of surrounding people? Are you influenced by people you know? Give an example.
- Do you try to be a friendly person? Why or why not?
- How are male and female personalities different?
- Do all people have a combination of good and bad characteristics? Or are some people all good or all bad? How about Mother Teresa? How about Adolf Hitler?
- What does ‘nice guys finish last‘ mean? Do you agree?
- Is your character similar to your mother or father’s character? In what ways are you like them and in what ways are you different?
- How does birth order affect personality? What qualities does a first-born child have? What about the last-born child in a big family? How about an only child?
- Do countries have personalities? What is the dominant personality of some countries you know? How about Canada? How about Italy?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Or somewhere in the middle?
- What is charisma? Do you know any charismatic people?
- Can people change their personality if they want to? Do you know anybody who has changed theirs?
- What is your blood type? Do you think personality is related to blood type?
- What is your star sign? What does it say about you?