Manners Conversation Questions
Are you a polite person?
- What are some things that people do to be polite?
- What are some examples of impolite behavior that you have noticed?
- Is it difficult to know what is polite and what is rude? When have you been unsure?
- In which situations is it extra important to be polite?
- What are some good table manners?
- Is eavesdropping rude? Is it impolite to listen to other people’s private conversations?
- What is good etiquette when driving? Is it polite to let another car into your lane when the traffic is heavy? Is it rude to honk your horn?
- What is good etiquette when visiting someone's home? How would you try to be a good visitor?
- Can having good manners help you become successful? How?
- Whose responsibility is it to teach children to be polite?
- Are there any kinds of polite behavior in your country that might surprise a foreigner? What should visitors to your country know about being polite?
- Do some cultures care more about politeness than others? Where does being polite seem most important?
- Is 'ladies first' a polite idea, or is it sexist? Should men do things for women like pull out their chairs at a dinner table or wait for them to go through a door first?
- Can too much politeness stop people from having fun?
- Why do we have manners? What social functions do manners serve?
- How much personal space do you need? Does everybody need about the same physical distance between themselves and other people?
- What do you think about public displays of affection? Is it rude for a couple to kiss or snuggle where other people can see them?
- What are some manners from the past that are rarely or never practiced anymore?
- Do you think staring at somebody is bad manners? What would you do if someone was staring at you?
- Can someone’s politeness show their social level or wealth?