In teams, name as many winter sports as you can in two minutes. Compare your results.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see?
- Which country do you guess will win the most gold medals at the Beijing 2022 Winter Games? Why are they strong?
- Would you like to watch an opening or closing ceremony?
- Are you worried about terrorism affecting the next Winter Olympics?
- Which do enjoy more – the Winter or Summer Olympics?
- If you could magically gain the ability to do any winter sport well, which would you choose and why?
- Are you interested in visiting China? Why or why not?
- Do you think hosting the Olympics can help a country’s image? Which countries have benefited from hosting the Olympics?
- Does your country have any famous Winter Olympians? If not, which Winter Olympians from other countries do you know?
- Is figure skating a sport or is it more of an artistic performance?
- Which winter sport is more dangerous: bobsleigh, luge, ski-jumping, or downhill skiing? How do you feel while you watch them?
- Which country would you like to host the next Winter or Summer Olympics?
- What unlikely winter activity would you like to see in the Winter Olympics? For example, snowball fighting.
- Olympic athletes spend a lot of time in training over many years and sacrifice a lot. Would you encourage your children to attempt to become Winter Olympians?
- How cold of a temperature can you stand while watching a Winter Olympic event?
- What do you like to eat or drink to feel warmer in winter?