Brainstorm a list of different types of monsters and scary creatures.
- Is Halloween an important day in your country? What does it mean to you?
- Did you go trick or treating as a child? What do you think about this practice?
- Would you let your children go trick or treating? Is the world a more dangerous place these days?
- Have you ever been to a Halloween party or some other kind of costume party? What did you dress as? What happened at the party?
- Do you enjoy dressing up in costumes? Why or why not?
- These days, people don’t just wear scary costumes. They wear costumes based on many things including popular news stories and politicians. Is this against the traditional scary spirit of Halloween?
- These days, many Halloween costumes for adults seem to be overly revealing. Why are these kinds of costumes popular?
- If kids come to your house trick or treating on Halloween and you choose treat, what delicious treats will you give them?
- What is your favorite kind of candy or treat? What kind of treat would you be disappointed to receive?
- If some kids come to your house trick or treating on Halloween and you choose trick, what do you think they might do to you or your house?
- Do you enjoy practical jokes? Have you ever played a practical joke on someone? What did you do?
- Have you been the victim of a practical joke? What happened to you? How did you feel?
- What is your all-time favorite scary monster or creature of the night?
- Do you like horror movies? Why or why not? If so, what’s your favorite horror movie?
- Some people decorate their house to celebrate Halloween. Do you decorate your home to celebrate any special days?
- Have you ever carved a jack-o-lantern? How difficult or easy was it to carve?
- The celebration of Halloween has origins in remembering the dead and confronting the concept of death with humor. How do you feel about death?
- One tradition on Halloween is the telling of scary stories. Do you know any scary stories?