What are the names of currencies used in other countries? List as many as you can.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Which do you enjoy more: earning money or spending money?
- How do you feel after spending a large amount of money?
- Do you save enough money? What savings goals do you have?
- How do you prefer to pay for purchases? With cash, a credit card, or some other payment method? Why?
- What was the first job or task you ever received money for? How much were you paid?
- Can you recall (without looking) who and what are on your country’s bank notes and coins? Why are they famous or significant?
- Have you seen another country’s money? Which countries have beautiful notes or coins?
- How often do you think about money? Is money a stressful part of life?
- What does ‘money doesn’t grow on trees‘ mean? Do you agree?
- Of the things you have bought in your life, which do you remember most happily?
- Is there something you regret buying? Why?
- Did you receive pocket-money/an allowance when you were a child? Was it enough for you? What did you usually spend it on?
- What would you tell someone if they asked how much you get paid?
- If a young person wanted to know what career they should pursue to make as much money as possible, what would you recommend they do?
- Do you and your friends lend money to each other? How much are you willing to lend or borrow?
- When you are walking around a big city, where on your body is a safe place to keep money? Is it safe in a handbag?
- What would you do if you found a brown paper bag with one thousand dollars in it on the street?
- Imagine you have won a million dollars. Who will you tell? What will you do with the money?