What time did you go to bed last night? How do you feel now?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Do you get enough sleep? If not, what stops you from sleeping enough?
- How many hours of sleep should a person get each day? Does everybody need about the same amount?
- Are you a night owl? If so, how late do you usually go to bed?
- Are you a morning person? When do you like to wake up?
- Do you tend to sleep through the night without waking? If not, what usually wakes you up?
- What is your before-bed routine? Can you sleep without doing something?
- What are the best weather conditions for sleeping?
- Do you tend to sleep on your side, back, or front? Does it matter which position a person sleeps in?
- Can you sleep in an unfamiliar place? How about on an airplane or on a bus?
- Have you ever slept outside? If so, explain the situation.
- Do you eat before going to sleep? Why or why not? Have you ever eaten in bed?
- Have you ever used medicine, tea, or something else to help you fall asleep?
- Do you remember your dreams? If so, what kinds of things do you usually remember?
- Have you ever woken up from a nightmare in a cold sweat? Can you remember what was so disturbing?
- Do you take naps? How long should a good nap be?
- Have you ever fallen into a food coma? What had you eaten?
- Which is more comfortable: sleeping alone or sleeping with someone else?
- What is the longest you have ever slept for? What made you sleep for that long?
- When you have a problem, do you try to solve it before going to bed, or do you prefer to sleep on it until the next day?
- Have you ever suffered from insomnia? If so, how severe was it, and how did you deal with it?
- In your country, what do people say to someone who is about to sleep?