Where did you grow up?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Did you enjoy your childhood?
- Which is better out of being a child and being an adult?
- What’s your happiest memory from childhood?
- As a child, did your family mainly stay in one place or did you move around a lot? Either way, how did that affect you?
- Did you have other children to play with? Who did you usually play with as a child?
- Children have powerful imaginations. Can you recall any imaginary games or friends from childhood?
- Children can be scared of many things, real or imagined. Were you frightened by anything as a child?
- Did you have a favorite toy or toy series? What was it?
- Do you still have any toys from childhood? If so, where are they? If not, where did they go?
- Did you often play outside or did you prefer to stay inside?
- Did enjoy reading as a child? What kind of books did you read?
- Were you usually with your mother and father, or did you have other caregivers? Who looked after you?
- How old is a child when we can no longer call him or her a baby?
- At what age does a child become an adult?
- Children often mimic adult behavior. Did you ever pretend to be a grown-up?
- Did you get in trouble often? What kind of mischief did you get up to?
- What chores did you have to do? Were you diligent at getting your chores done? Or did your parents have to nag you?
- Did you receive pocket money when you were a kid? If so, what did you use to spend that money on?
- Do you have any vivid memories from early childhood? If so, what can you remember? For example, do you remember your first day at school?