Children Conversation Questions
How many children do you know? Whose children are they?
- Why do people decide to have children?
- Why do people decide not to have children?
- Would you like to have children in the future? Why or why not?
- Do you think you are or would be a good parent? Why or why not?
- Babies can be noisy. How do you feel when there is a crying baby near you? How do you think the baby's parents feel?
- At which age are children most likable?
- What is it like talking to a young child? How is it different from talking to an older child or adult?
- Do people have children to make themselves happy? Is having a child a selfish act?
- Would you consider adopting a child? Why or why not?
- Is a good reason to have children to avoid being lonely later in life?
- What makes it so expensive to raise a child these days?
- If raising children were free, how many children would you like to have?
- Some parents want their children to have the best of everything. As a parent, would you try to give your children high quality or expensive things?
- Children usually love sweet foods. How important is the food that children eat? Does it have to be healthy?
- Would you put a lot of pressure on your kids to study hard? Why or why not?
- Is overprotection of children a problem? Should children be exposed to more risks? Are children being kept in bubblewrap?
- If you had a daughter, would you be more protective of her than of a son? If so, why?
- Does a child's TV watching or computer use need to be strictly controlled?
- Is it wrong for a parent to have a favorite child?
- Does a family need children to be considered "a family"? Can a couple without kids be a family?
- Many children rebel through clothes, music, and extreme behavior. How would you react to your child doing this?
- At what age does a child become an adult?