Common Idiom Conversation Questions
Make sure you understand the real meaning of the question, and then try to answer. Try to use full sentences, and continue your conversation naturally.
- At what time of night do you usually hit the sack?
- Do you like pulling your friends’ legs? What kinds of jokes do you make?
- When was the last time you felt under the weather?
- Are you good at keeping secrets, or do you easily spill the beans?
- How loyal are you as a friend? Will you stick with someone through thick and thin?
- What do you only do once in a blue moon?
- What is the best thing since sliced bread, in your opinion?
- Do you usually see eye to eye with your closest friends? Or do you often disagree?
- When you hear that something is popular, do you try to jump on the bandwagon?
- What is difficult for some people, but a piece of cake for you?
- Do you speak directly to other people, or do you tend to beat around the bush?
- When was the last time that you hit the books? What were you studying for?
- If you wanted to convince your friend to come out with you, what would you say to twist their arm?
- Have you ever been stabbed in the back by someone you thought was your friend?
- Have you ever quit something addictive? Did you quit cold turkey?
- How do you like to blow off steam?
- New phones are expensive. Are you willing to pay an arm and a leg for one?
- When you eat out with friends, do you go dutch? How about when you’re on a date?
- When things get difficult, is it easy for you to keep your chin up?
- What’s not your cup of tea?
- Do you always try to do things properly, or do you sometimes cut corners?
- Do you have a sweet tooth?
- How do you break the ice when you meet someone new?
- Has anyone given you the cold shoulder? What for?