Sports Idiom Conversation Questions
Make sure you understand the question, and then try to answer. Try to use full sentences, and continue your conversation naturally.
- Do you always play fair, or is it necessary to hit below the belt sometimes?
- In which jobs is it important to be on the ball?
- What’s par for the course on a first date?
- When you are giving an opinion, do you pull your punches?
- When something stumps you, how does your face look?
- Are you able to roll with the punches? How do you keep going when times get tough?
- When a situation changes, do you call an audible? Or do you stick to your original plan?
- In movies, saving the world, or some other goal, often comes down to the wire. Do you enjoy that kind of tension?
- Have you ever dropped the ball when given an opportunity? How did you feel to mess up like that?
- Would you rather win by a nose or win comfortably? Why?
- If you wanted to start a business, like for example opening a cafe, how would you get the ball rolling?
- Who would you go to the mat for? Why are they worth defending?
- Do you always go the distance? When is it time to throw in the towel?
- Who’s in your corner?
- Think of the next election in your country or another, like the United States. Who has thrown their hat in the ring? Who do you think will win?