Which qualities are most important to you in a boyfriend or girlfriend? Choose three and explain your choices: physical appearance, common interests, fashion sense, kindness, intelligence, honesty, marriage potential, other.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- What is the appropriate age to start dating?
- How do people meet people to date these days?
- What is your ideal type? Be as specific as possible.
- What activities are enjoyable to do on a first date?
- Is it a man’s responsibility to ask a woman out? If you’re a woman, have you asked a man out on a first date?
- Who should pay on a date? What do you think about going dutch?
- Is it okay to date several people at the same time?
- Do you have any bad dating experiences you would like to share? If not, maybe you have heard about some from your friends?
- Have you ever been on a double date or group date? How was it?
- Do you like to talk a lot? Are you quiet when you meet first someone? Is it okay if one person does most of the talking on a date?
- How can you tell if the other person is enjoying the date or wanting the date to end?
- If you were on a date with someone and they kept checking their phone or watch, what would you do about it? Would you say something?
- Is it important to date many people before getting married? Is it better to be with one person for your entire life?
- Describe your ideal romantic date (e.g. a candle-lit dinner followed by a walk on the beach).
- Can you predict who will make a good couple? Have you tried being a matchmaker?
- Is it okay to date someone your friend already dated? Or are they forever off-limits?
- Have you ever been on a blind date? How did it go?
- What do you think about dating apps and websites? Would you consider using them?