Exercise Conversation Questions
How is your energy level today?
- Do you exercise? Why or why not?
- Some people exercise to feel relaxed. How does physical activity affect a person’s mental and emotional condition?
- People get exercise while playing sports. Which sports are the best for fitness?
- Do you have any exercise equipment in your home? How often do you use it?
- Are there many gyms in your town or city? How much does it cost to join a gym? Is it worth it?
- What kind of aerobic exercise do you get in your daily life? Do you walk or ride regularly? Do you take the stairs or use the elevator?
- To be healthy, which is more important? Eating well or working out?
- To look good, which is more important? Eating well or working out?
- Do you lift weights to build muscle? How muscular do you want to be?
- Some people work out very often. Is exercise addictive?
- Have you tried yoga? Why do some people prefer yoga to other forms of exercise?
- Have you tried exercising while watching a workout video? Was it helpful to have an onscreen instructor?
- Which is better for motivation? Working out with a group or with a personal trainer?
- How important is stretching before and after exercise?
- How do you dress when you work out? Do you try to look fashionable?
- Do you drink protein shakes or eat any other kind of food related to working out?
- Does your community have outdoor exercise equipment? Is it free to use? Who uses it?
- Some people use steroids to help build muscles. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
- What time of day is best for exercising? Why?