Introduce one member of your family. Talk about their character and appearance.
- How big is your immediate family? Who are the members?
- Who are you closest to in your family? What kind of relationship do you have with that person? Is it like friendship?
- Which day of the year are you most likely to spend with your family?
- As a child, did you go on family trips? What do you remember about those vacations?
- Is there a black sheep in your family? What is different about them?
- Are you an only child? Does growing up without brothers or sisters affect a person's character?
- Do you know your extended family? How many of them have you met?
- Have you ever been to a family reunion? How was it?
- Who are you most proud of among your relatives? Who do you look up to?
- Do your parents expect a lot from you? What kinds of things do they want you to do?
- Would you prefer to have a big family with many children, a small family, or no kids at all? Why?
- Would you consider adopting children? Why or why not?
- What characteristics have you inherited from your parents? Do you look like them? Do you behave like they do?
- These days, there is a wide variety of family types. What different kinds of family can you think of?
- What is a mama's boy? Do you know anyone like this?
- Does your family have any heirlooms? Will you inherit anything that has been in the family a long time?
- What happens to old people in your family? Do they live with younger family members or move to a retirement home? How would you prefer to spend your old age?
- If you are married, how well do you get along with your in-laws?
- What do people mean when they say, "you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family"?
- If you live far away from some members of your family, how do you keep in touch? How often do you communicate?
- Are you so close to any of your friends that you consider them to be like family?