Explain why the following words seem more masculine or more feminine: water, speed, power, love, kindness, loyalty.
- Beside physical differences, what is different between men and women?
- Are men and women mostly similar, or do you sometimes feel like they are totally different?
- Is it possible to be close friends with a member of the opposite sex and have absolutely no romantic feelings for that person?
- If you are a girl, are you a bit of a tomboy? Do you know any girls who behave like boys?
- Did you go to a single-sex school or a co-ed school? Which is better for academic and social development?
- Do you have brothers or sisters? What is your relationship with them like?
- Who did most of the housework in the house you were raised? How about if something needed fixing? Who fixed it?
- Do you think men are better at some things than women? What can they do better?
- Are women better than men at some things? Which things?
- Are gender differences mainly because of biology? Or more because of socialization?
- Do you prefer working with men or women? Do you prefer to have a female or a male boss? Give your reasons.
- Some bars or nightclubs offer free entry to women on ladies' nights. How do you feel about this practice?
- Should a man hold a door for a woman because she is a woman? Why might this practice annoy some women?
- What is your impression of feminists?
- Do you know any male chauvinists? What kind of ideas do they express?
- What are some common learning differences between girls and boys? Why do they seem to have different strengths?
- Has your country ever had a female leader? Does the gender of a leader make a difference?
- Do women face more barriers to succeeding in business than men?
- Should women be able to fight on the front-line in the military? Can you think of any reasons against this?
- Some people grow up feeling they are the wrong gender and take steps to live as they feel they should. How do you feel about transgender people?