What are the most common hobbies? Make a list.
- Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
- What is a hobby?
- How much free time do you usually have? What do you like to do with your free time? Do you prefer to relax or to be active?
- Do you collect anything? If so, when did you start collecting? How large is your collection?
- What kinds of things do people usually collect?
- Sometimes, the things that people collect become valuable. Can you think of any examples? What kinds of things gain the most value over time?
- Do you like to learn new skills? Can you give an example of something that you have learned to do that is not related to your work.
- Are there classes to help you learn a new hobby near where you live? If so, have you attended any of them?
- Is there a hobby you are thinking about starting these days? What is it?
- Do you like solo hobbies, or do you prefer to do group activities? Why?
- Some people turn their hobbies into a career or a way of making money. Can you think of any examples?
- Some people plan on taking up new hobbies when they retire. Are there some hobbies you would like to start later in life?
- What hobbies are popular with children, but not with adults?
- What hobbies do men prefer? Which hobbies do women especially like?
- What hobbies used to be popular, but aren't common now? Why have they gone out of fashion?
- Are there any hobbies that only require people? Can they be done without equipment or special items?
- How much money do you usually spend on your hobby? Is it too much?
- How much time do you spend on your hobbies? How much time would be too much?
- Is it important to have a hobby? If someone only works and sleeps, what is the problem?
- Does your hobby produce anything useful, usable, or beneficial?