Take turns naming a genre of music. List as many as you can.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- How often do you listen to music?
- What genres of music do you like? Which do you dislike?
- Can you play a musical instrument? Or did you play one as a child?
- Can you name a hit song from the past year? Do you like the song, or are you sick of hearing it?
- Who is your favorite musician, band or group? How important are they to you?
- Do you enjoy live music? Have you been to any concerts? Talk about the most memorable concert that you have been to.
- Do you see buskers in your city? How do you feel about what street performers do?
- Can you sing well? How often do you sing?
- Does music have the power to change your mood? How does music affect you?
- Do you enjoy dancing? What kind of music is good to dance to?
- What kind of equipment do you use to listen to music? How much are you willing to spend on good sound quality?
- Is there a song that makes you emotional? Which song is it and why is it so powerful?
- Do you like karaoke? Do you have a song that you often sing? What is it?
- What movie has a very memorable soundtrack?
- Do you like to go to musicals? What is your favorite musical?
- If you could magically gain the ability to play any musical instrument well, which would you choose?
- What makes you like a song? The melody, the lyrics, or something else?
- What’s your favorite music video? Do videos help you enjoy the music more?
- What song best represents you, or your attitude to life?