What makes you laugh?
- Who is the funniest person you know? What makes them funny?
- Are you good at telling jokes? If not, why not?
- When you look for a boyfriend or girlfriend, are you attracted to men or women who can make you laugh?
- Are men funnier than women? Or vice versa?
- Do you laugh when other people make mistakes or have accidents? Is it funny when someone falls over? When is it okay to laugh at another person, and when is it wrong?
- Laughter is the best medicine. What do you think about this idea?
- How do you feel about clowns? Scary or funny?
- Is stand-up comedy popular in your culture? Who is your favorite stand-up comedian?
- Is being funny a natural ability or can a person learn to be funny? How could a person become funnier?
- What is your favorite comedy movie? Can you recall a funny scene from the film?
- Who is the funniest actor or actress in the world? Would you see a movie just because that person is in it?
- Do you follow any comic strips or humorous comic books? Explain what they are about and why you like them.
- Do you enjoy dark humor? Why do you think people sometimes want to joke about topics like death?
- Do you do silly things to amuse your friends? Give an example.
- Have you played a practical joke on another person? What did you do?
- Does parody have a place in your culture? Who or what is usually the target of parody?
- How do you feel about toilet humor? Are farts funny?
- How do you react if someone tells a bad joke? Do you laugh to be polite?