Mental Health Conversation Questions
What have you been thinking about lately?
- How important are exercise, food, and sleep for mental health?
- Have you experienced insomnia? How well do you sleep?
- What gives you stress? How do you deal with that stress?
- Why do some people like talking to a therapist? Would you like to try therapy?
- Would you rather feel very happy and very sad at times, or would you rather be in the middle? That is, high highs and low lows, or a more mild experience?
- The number of people who take anxiety medication increased during the coronavirus pandemic. Why do you think this is?
- People talk openly about some physical health issues, but they seem less comfortable talking about mental health issues. Why is this? Should it be this way?
- Is there still a stigma around taking medication for one’s mood or brain?
- To perform at a high level, how important is mental strength?
- A few athletes, like Naomi Asaka, have taken time away from sports to take care of their mental health. What do you think about examples like Naomi?
- In your country, what happens to people with serious psychological problems?
- Some medication, like Xanax, which is intended to treat anxiety, is widely abused in the United States. What have you heard about this problem?
- PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) is better recognized these days than in the past. What kind of experiences can lead to PTSD?
- What does it mean to be depressed?
- Which countries have the highest suicide rates? Why do you think they have those high rates?
- Have you heard the expression, “be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”? What does it mean to you?