What's the biggest celebration in your culture? When do people party the most?
- Was the last year a good year for you? What were some of your highlights or lowlights?
- What good or bad events happened in the world during the past year?
- Did you achieve any goals in the past year? Did you keep resolutions that you made at the beginning of the year?
- When does the new year start for you? From January 1st, or from a different day?
- How do people in your culture celebrate the New Year? Is it usually a family celebration or more of a party with friends?
- What is usually on television on New Year's Eve? On New Year's Day? Do you enjoy watching TV around this time of year?
- In your culture, do people give cards or gifts at the New Year? If so, to whom do you send cards or give gifts?
- Do you associate any special foods with the end or the beginning of the year? What are they?
- What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Who will you spend the time with?
- At the end of the year, are there public holidays in your country? How much time do people usually get off from work?
- What are your plans for the year ahead?
- Will you make any New Year's resolutions? What do you intend on doing differently in the next year?
- How do you make your New Year's resolutions? Do you write them down? Do you tell other people about your plans?
- What is the biggest challenge facing humanity? Do you think the next year will bring us closer to solving this problem?
- Do you have a good feeling about the future? Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
- Which year has been the best of your life so far? What made it so good?
- Can you make any predictions about the upcoming year? What significant events will happen? What products or companies will be successful? What trends or fashions will be popular?