Past Continuous Conversation Questions
Answer the following questions with answers in the past continuous tense. Elaborate on your answers with different tenses where appropriate.
- What were you doing before this?
- What were you eating at lunchtime yesterday?
- What were you chatting about with your friends when you last talked to them?
- What were you thinking about two minutes ago?
- What were you wearing when you last went out at night?
- Have you ever seen a celebrity in public? What were they doing?
- Focus on a person that you can see. What were they doing before coming here? Can you guess?
- What were you studying when you last felt confused?
- What were you watching at the last cinema that you went to?
- What were you trying to make when you last tried to bake or cook?
- What was your father doing when he met your mother?
- What were you lying on when you went to sleep last night?
- How was the weather this morning?
- What were you doing when you most recently exercised?
- What was your mother doing when you saw her last?
- Think about the last dream that you remember. What were you dreaming about?
- When you started studying English, what were you hoping to do with your language skills?
- Think about the last time that you did housework. What were you doing?
- What were you doing at 8pm last night?
- What weren’t you doing at 8pm last night?