How many world leaders can you name? With your group, list as many presidents, prime ministers, and other national leaders as you can.
- Do you follow politics? Why or why not?
- Is/was politics discussed in your family? Are you aware of your parents' political beliefs?
- Have you voted before? If so, how did it feel? If not, are you planning on voting in the future? Why or why not?
- Have you participated in politics in any way? If not, would you consider getting involved with a political party or organization?
- In what ways do the politicians in your country do a good job? In what ways are they disappointing?
- Has your country ever had a female leader? Why do men dominate politics in most nations?
- What things do people usually say about politicians? Do you agree or disagree with those ideas?
- In many countries there are progressive and conservative political forces. Do people naturally divide between those who want change and those who reject it?
- What social issues divide people in your country?
- What economic issues divide people in your country?
- Is ethnicity or race a factor in the politics in your country? How so?
- Is environmentalism an important factor in politics in your country? Is there a political party that is focused on green issues?
- What role does religion play in the politics of your country?
- In your opinion, what is the most important issue facing your country?
- Do the politics of another country affect your life in any way?
- Carl von Clausewitz said, "war is the continuation of politics by other means." Is war a form a politics? Or is politics a form of war?
- Can you be friends with someone if they have very different political views from you?
- Do you have a favorite political leader? What did they do?