With your group, name five local businesses and five global companies.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- How is business English different from conversational English?
- What is business sense, and do you have it?
- Do you know anyone that owns their own business? What do they do?
- Have you considered running your own business? What kind of business would you like to run?
- Would you rather work for a big company or a small company? What are the pros and cons of each situation?
- Some children are expected to work in their parents’ business. Is it good to give children practical business experience at an early age? Why or why not?
- Have you ever played the board game Monopoly? Is it a good way to teach children about commerce? Can you think of other fun ways to learn about business?
- Business is important in today’s economy. Is business education emphasized enough in school?
- What is appropriate business attire? Should a businessman wear a tie to be taken seriously?
- Capitalism is the main system of economic interaction in the world today. What are its advantages and disadvantages?
- Who is your favorite entrepreneur? What did they do?
- Which are the world’s greatest companies?
- Which company has the worst reputation? Why?
- Do you prefer to support local businesses over global corporations? If so, give an example.
- Should the government do more to support small businesses and startups? What could they do?
- Do corporations have too much influence over government?
- Which types of business have the brightest future?