Rich and Poor Conversation Questions
Who are the richest people in your country and in the world? How did they get rich?
- What does it mean to be rich? Is it only about money? In what other ways can a person be wealthy?
- What does it mean to be poor?
- Money can’t buy happiness. Or can it?
- Some people inherit a lot of money from their parents. Should that money be taxed by the government?
- Some creative people make a lot of money while other artists struggle to survive. What’s your opinion on creativity and the arts as a career path?
- Who are some athletes that have made a lot of money? Which sports do they play?
- Which way of getting rich do you respect most? Why?
- There are television shows and articles about wealthy people, their homes, and their lifestyles. Why are people so interested in what other people have?
- What is something that only a few rich people in the world can afford to do?
- How do you react when someone talks about a way to get rich quickly?
- Once a person is rich, is it easy to stay rich? How does money help people to make more money?
- Is there a big gap between rich and poor in your country? Is such a gap a sign of a failing system?
- How can governments help people out of poverty?
- If a person works hard and does the right things, is success guaranteed?
- Is being rich something to be proud of or ashamed of? Is being poor something to be proud of or ashamed of?
- The United States is a relatively wealthy country, yet many Americans financially struggle. Why is this?