Fame and Publicity Conversation Questions
What do people get famous for? Make a list of the most common reasons why people get famous.
- Do you want to be famous? Why or why not?
- What would you rather be famous for? Entertainment or something else?
- Who are the most famous people around the world? What do they do that makes them famous?
- Who is someone that is famous only in your region or country? What are they known for?
- Are famous people usually good looking? Who does NOT fit this stereotype?
- Does being famous generally mean that someone is wealthy or living a glamorous lifestyle?
- Do you post on social media? If so, are you a little bit famous?
- Has social media made it easier to get famous? Is this good or bad?
- People are interested in the lives of famous people. Is this okay, or should people mind their own business?
- Celebrity couples sometimes get celebrity couple names, like Branglina. Can you think of some new celebrity couple names?
- It can seem like there is advertising everywhere. Does it bother you? Do you notice it?
- Does advertising help inform people? What can we learn from advertising?
- “There’s no such thing as bad publicity.” What does this mean? Do you agree?
- Which brands are known for impressive advertising?
- Some companies spend a lot of money sponsoring sports and other events. Is this an effective way of advertising?
- When a celebrity or athlete endorses a product, are you more likely to want that product?
- Children sometimes get famous. How does this affect the child’s life?
- Some celebrities have been "canceled" for their behavior. Can you think of any examples? In those cases, did the celebrity deserve to be canceled?