Royalty Conversation Questions
Brainstorm words that are related to royalty, like princess, crown, and palace.
- Which countries have royal families? Do you know the names of any of the royals from those countries?
- Does your country have a royal family? If not, did your country have a royal family in the past, and what happened to them?
- A monarchy is a system of government in which the King or Queen (or person in a similar position with a different title) is in power. Do you like this kind of government?
- There are many different royal titles in English. Besides king and queen, do you know any others?
- Who are some of the most famous royals from history? Why do people still remember them?
- What are the similarities between royals and other celebrities, like movie stars and musicians? What are the differences?
- Would you like to live in a castle? Aren’t they too big?
- Some royals, like members of the British royal family, have to do a job that they didn’t choose. Do you feel sorry for them?
- Grace Kelly, an American movie star of the 1950s, married Prince Rainier III of Monaco and became a princess. Would you like to become royalty in this way?
- Princess is a popular Halloween costume for little girls. Why do girls like playing princess?
- Some people enjoy watching news and reading about royalty. Some people even think of the King or Queen with love, as if they were another father or mother. Why do people have such strong interest in and love for royals?
- In most royal families, a male traditionally inherits power and position even when he has an older sister. Is this fair?
- There is an expression in English that goes, heavy is the head that wears the crown. What do you think it means?
- Is a royal family good for a country? What positive effects can it have on a country and its profile in the world?
- Sometimes, royal events, like weddings or funerals, are huge fancy ceremonies. Can you think of any examples?
- Many traditional stories involve princes or princesses. Did you hear stories like that when you were growing up?
- A drama queen is a person that often reacts in an overly dramatic or emotional way. Do you know any drama queens?
- If you were an all-powerful king or queen, what would you do?