Pattern: Preposition + Gerund Conversation Questions
The following questions have prepositions that can be followed by a gerund. Try to answer using the phrase in bold with its preposition and the -ing form of a verb. Then try to continue each conversation naturally.
- In your home, who is responsible for doing the housework?
- What do you plan on doing tonight?
- Where are you looking forward to going in the future?
- What are you interested in doing when you visit a new city or country?
- Are you afraid of doing something? What is it?
- What do you dream of doing?
- What have you apologized for doing or not doing lately?
- What can’t you forgive someone for doing?
- Are you excited about doing something soon?
- Are you in favor of changing any laws? Which laws?
- If a criminal confesses to doing a crime, should we punish them less?
- Is there something that was difficult at first, but now you are used to doing?
- We are going to have a party. Which part would you like to be in charge of organizing?
- How do you concentrate on doing something? Do you have any strategies?
- Do you have an excuse for sleeping in class? What is it?