Pattern: Verb + Gerund Conversation Questions
When some verbs are followed by a verb, we use the gerund form (-ing).
Try to answer each question using the verb in bold followed by the -ing form of another verb.
Try to continue each conversation naturally.
- What do you enjoy doing?
- Would you mind helping me move house?
- I want to eat something spicy. What do you suggest?
- How do you know when it is time to stop eating?
- If you were offered a job with high pay and no vacation time and a job with low pay and lots of vacation time, which one would you consider taking?
- What do you appreciate having studied at school?
- Can you imagine being a different person or an animal?
- What do you miss from your childhood?
- In your town or city, is there an area that you avoid going to? Why?
- I would like to listen to a new band or singer. Who can you recommend?
- Do you prefer to save your money in the bank or to risk losing it by investing?
- How difficult is it to quit smoking?
- When something is difficult, do you keep trying or do you give up?
- You are supposed to meet someone for a date, but they postpone several times. What do you think?
- Can you admit making a mistake? Or do you try to deny the truth?