Seasons Conversation Questions
How's the weather today? Is it normal for this time of year?
- What's your favorite season? What do you like about it?
- What is the best season to visit your country?
- Which season did you enjoy most when you were a child? Why?
- Does summer feel hotter than it used to? Is autumn shorter or longer? How have the seasons changed?
- Which color do you mainly associate with each season? Explain your choices.
- What's your favorite summer sport?
- What's your favorite winter sport?
- Does the place you live have four clearly different seasons?
- Do you shop for new clothes when the season changes?
- If you could eliminate one season so that it no longer existed, which would you choose?
- Do you enjoy seasonal foods? Which food do you look forward to each year?
- What do you eat or drink to help you warm up in winter?
- Do you like to eat or drink anything in summer to help you cool down? What is it?
- Which season is the most fun? What do you like to do at that time?
- When it's summer in the southern hemisphere, it's winter in the northern hemisphere, and vice versa. How would life be different in the opposite hemisphere from where you now live?
- Do you spring clean? What kinds of things do you do at that time?
- John Steinbeck asked, "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." Do we need winter so that we appreciate summer?