One person should think of a number from one to ten. They should focus on the number but not say it aloud. After a few seconds, the other students should write on paper the number that comes into their minds. Once everyone has written a number down, compare the results with the original thinker. If any of the numbers match, say what you think this means.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Are you a superstitious person? What things are you superstitious about?
- Do you think luck plays a part in your life? Are you generally lucky or unlucky?
- What’s your lucky number?
- Do you know your star sign? What does it say about you?
- Do you read your horoscope? How does it help you?
- Do you carry any kind of object that is meant to bring you luck?
- Do you believe in ghosts? If not, how do you explain people’s claims to have seen them?
- Telepathy is communication directly from one mind to another. Is it possible to communicate this way?
- Do you believe in hypnosis? What happens when a person is hypnotized?
- Can people predict the future? Have you ever had a feeling about the future that turned out to be true?
- Have you ever visited a fortune-teller? What methods did the fortune-teller use to predict your future?
- Have you experienced the feeling of déjà vu? How do you explain this strange feeling?
- Do you often dream while you sleep? Do dreams have meaning in real life?
- What is the purpose of Halloween? Do you celebrate it? How?
- If you could time travel, when would you go to and what would you do there?
- If you could have one superhuman ability, like flying or invisibility, which ability would you choose to have? How would you use your power?
- Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the universe? What makes you think so?
- What do you think about UFO sightings?
- If aliens come to our planet, what human behavior will they think strange?
- What do you think aliens look like?