What did you eat for your last meal? What are the ingredients of that dish?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Are you a vegetarian? If not, have you ever considered becoming a vegetarian?
- What reasons do people have for becoming vegetarians?
- How could not eating meat have a positive effect on the environment?
- Is it natural or unnatural for humans to eat meat?
- What kinds of health challenges can vegetarians have that meat-eaters do not have?
- What kinds of health problems do meat-eaters experience that vegetarians might avoid?
- Which foods do vegetarians tend to eat a lot of to replace what they miss by not eating meat?
- Vegans not only avoid eating meat, they avoid using animal products in other ways too. What do you think about people who make a commitment like this?
- Are there any well-known vegetarian or vegan restaurants in your city or town? If you have eaten at one of them, talk about your experience.
- Which vegetable is the most delicious?
- Can you cook any vegetarian dishes? Talk about something you can make.
- Most humans are omnivores. That is, they eat both animal meat and plants. Have you heard about people who eat only meat (carnivores)? Is this possible?
- Some people believe people are reincarnated as animals and offer this as one reason to be vegetarian. What do you think about the idea of reincarnation?
- Do you believe humans are superior to animals? If so, in what ways are they superior? In what ways are they not superior?
- Do you believe animals have the right to humane treatment? Do they deserve the same level of treatment that we offer to other humans?
- Who are some famous vegetarians?
- What kinds of social problems can arise when vegetarians and meat-eaters try to eat together?
- Do you think the numbers of vegetarians and vegans will continue to grow? If so, what explains their continued popularity?