Have you met anyone for the first time recently? How did you meet?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- How often do you meet new people? How do you usually meet them?
- When you meet someone for the first time, how do you feel?
- How long does it take you to feel comfortable with a new person?
- What is the first thing you usually do or say when you meet a person for the first time?
- Do you know any good ice-breaker questions?
- Which topics do you avoid when you talk with someone for the first time? Which topics are safe?
- What does ‘first impressions matter‘, mean? Do you agree?
- Do you think you make a good first impression?
- Have you ever met a boyfriend or girlfriend’s parents? What kind of impression did you make?
- When you meet someone and hear their name, do you remember it easily? Do you have any tricks to remember names well?
- Have you ever introduced yourself to a stranger in public? Why? What did you say?
- Is it more comfortable for you to meet men or women? Why?
- Have you ever met somebody and immediately hit it off? What made you get along so quickly?
- Have you ever been to a party where people were mingling? How good are you at circulating?
- Do you remember faces? If you have met a person, do you easily recognize them later?
- If you are walking down a street and see someone you think you know, do you always stop and say hello? Why or why not?
- How do people meet people to date these days?
- Some couples have romantic or funny stories about how they first met. Have you heard any good ones you would like to share?