How long have you lived in your neighborhood? How well do you know the area?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Do you like your neighborhood? What do you like about it?
- Have you met any of your neighbors? How did you meet?
- When someone moves into a neighborhood, should they introduce themselves to their new neighbors? Why?
- Do you ever help your neighbors? Do they ever help you? How?
- Was there a greater sense of community between neighbors in the past? If so, what has changed?
- Have you ever had a problematic neighbor? How were they annoying?
- If you listen outside at night, what sounds will you hear around your home?
- Does your neighborhood have all the facilities you need? What would you like to add?
- Are there any regular sporting or cultural events in your neighborhood? Talk about them.
- How is the transportation system where you live? Is it reliable? Affordable?
- Are there many children in the area you live? Where do they play?
- Are there many elderly people living in your area? When do you see them?
- How are house prices changing in your area? Are they rising? Are they falling? Why?
- Do you want to move to a different neighborhood? Where would you like to live?
- Which is the most expensive area to live in your city? Who lives there?
- Are there any neighborhoods in your city that are considered dangerous? Would you go to those places?
- Some people say moving house is one of the most stressful experiences a person can have. Do you agree?
- Are there any areas in your city where specific ethnic groups seem to live? Do you visit those areas? What are they like?