What are you planning on doing this weekend?
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Do you plan your life in detail? Or would you rather not plan much? Why?
- What long-term plans do you have? What do you plan on doing in the next few years?
- What short-term plans do you have? For this month? For this year?
- Are you a spontaneous person? What kind of things do you do suddenly?
- Do you often make impulse purchases? Or do you only buy what you plan to buy?
- Do you ever have a plan B, for when something goes wrong with plan A? Give an example if you can.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail. Discuss.
- No matter how much you plan, things may go wrong. Have your plans ever gone terribly wrong? What happened?
- Do you always share your plans with other people? What kind of plans do people keep secret? Why don’t they want to tell other people?
- John Lennon sang, “life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.” What do you think he meant?
- Have you ever planned a party, wedding, or other event? How well did the event go?
- Are you following a career plan? What is the next step in your career plan?
- Do you have financial plans? How important is it to plan your financial future?
- Have you planned for your retirement? At what age should someone seriously plan their life after working?
- When you travel, do you plan where you will go, what you will see, and what you will eat? Or do you prefer to take each day as it comes?
- What do you use to help you plan? A smart phone application? Computer software? A pen and paper?
- Did you have any plans when you were younger that you gave up on? What went wrong?
- Do you have any plans that you feel you will never complete? Why do you hold onto them?