Take turns listing ingredients until someone can't answer within 5 seconds.
- How often do you make food and eat it?
- Do you consider toasting bread, preparing instant noodles, or boiling an egg to be 'cooking'? Why or why not?
- What’s your favorite dish to make?
- Cooking or baking: what’s more fun? What’s more difficult?
- Who did most of the cooking in your house when you were growing up?
- In many cultures, women cook more often than men. Why is this?
- Is cooking a social activity for you? Do you like to do it with other people, or do your prefer to do it alone?
- How have you learned the cooking skills that you have?
- Have you ever taken a cooking class? If so, what did you learn? If not, would you like to take
one? What would you like to learn?
- Did you ever consider becoming a professional chef or working in the restaurant industry? Why or why not?
- Have you tried cooking food from another culture? What did you prepare? How was it?
- Which region of the world seems to have the widest range of available ingredients?
- Is it cost-effective to do your own cooking? Can you save money by cooking?
- Would you rather do the cooking or do the washing up afterwards?
- What kind of message does cooking for another person express?
- Do you use recipes to cook? If so, where do you get the best recipes? Do you get them from friends, family, online, or from cookbooks?
- Have you ever tried to prepare some food and just totally ruined it? What happened?
- Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out at a restaurant? Why?
- Sometimes it can be hard to find ingredients. Is there an ingredient that you had difficulty finding? What did you do about this problem?
- Do you have a lot of cooking equipment? How often do you use it all? Do you have any pieces of equipment that you rarely use?