Education Conversation Questions
Are you trying to learn anything these days? Is there something you want to study?
- How important is education?
- Does your country have a good education system? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- Which countries have the best schools and universities? Why are they considered good?
- Is education only for the young? What things should people learn as they grow up? What should people learn after they have grown up?
- Henry Ford said, "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young." Do you agree? Why?
- Do you enjoy learning new things? Give an example if you can.
- Does studying make you tired? Is it hard work? How can a student get energy for study?
- What characteristics should a good teacher have?
- Have you ever considered becoming a teacher? Why or why not?
- Who has taught you a lot in your life?
- Some people learn on their own. What things, if any, have you learned without teachers or formal education?
- There are many education resources online including full university classes. Have you used the internet to learn? Give an example if you can.
- Some people feel the education style of schools damages originality and creativity. What do you think?
- How do you feel about tests and examinations? Are they necessary?
- What's your learning style? Do you learn best by listening, reading, interaction, doing things, or by some other method?
- Do you prefer to spend time with people of a similar level of education to yourself? Why or why not?