List as many universities as you can, in your country and abroad.
ESL Conversation Questions:
- Why do people go to university?
- Is it necessary to do further education after high school these days? What other options are there, besides education?
- What kind of post-high school education have you done?
- What was your favorite subject at university? Why did you like it?
- How did you choose which classes to take at university?
- Did you have a favorite professor? What did you like about them?
- How is the relationship between students and professors different from that between students and teachers at high school?
- How is university life different from high school life?
- Did you belong to any clubs at university? What kind of activities did you do with other club members?
- How important is the social aspect of university?
- What do you think about university rankings? What do they mean?
- Which is the most prestigious university in the world? Why is it so respected?
- Did you study hard in high school to get into your preferred university? Explain some of your study habits.
- How did you pick your major? Were you focused on a future career? Or did you have other priorities?
- How much is your current life or job related to what you studied in university?
- How much does it cost to attend university in your country? Is it affordable?
- Have you done post-graduate study? If not, would you consider doing it?
- Would you like to be a university professor? What are the pros and cons of that career?
- Does being highly educated mean someone is a good person?
- Some people return to university after they retire. What would you choose to study in that situation?