Make a list of the different types of housing.
- What kind of place do you live in now? How long have you been living there?
- What kind of house would you prefer to live in? Why?
- How expensive is housing in your city? Is the cost a problem for many people?
- Would you rather live alone or with other people? Why?
- Do you like your home? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?
- Do you have a favorite room in your house? Which room do you like most and why?
- Do you have too many things in your house? Does it feel cluttered? Or is there plenty of space?
- Does your home have enough windows? What do you see when you look outside?
- Do you know your neighbors? How did you meet them?
- Have you ever had any problems with a neighbor? What happened?
- How well is your home sound-proofed? Can you easily hear noises from outside?
- When something needs fixing or changing in your house, do you do it yourself or get someone to do it for you? Give examples if you can.
- Describe your childhood home. When was the last time you saw it?
- Have you ever lived in a dormitory or other accommodation with shared facilities? How was that experience?
- Have you ever lived with a roommate? Did you get along well? What kind of problems did you have?
- Have you ever lived in a foreign country? What kind of housing did you stay in? How was it similar or different from housing in your country?
- Do you like staying in hotels or do you prefer your home?
- Are you interested in interior design? How important is the style or appearance of the inside of a home?
- There is an expression in English: there's no place like home. What do people mean when they say this?
- In most countries, including wealthy ones, there are many homeless people. Can you imagine being homeless? What would it be like?