What are you planning on doing this weekend?
- Do you plan your life in detail, or do you prefer not to make plans? Why?
- What long-term plans do you have? Think about the next few years or even further.
- What short-term plans do you have? For this month? For this year?
- Are you a spontaneous person? What kind of things do you do suddenly?
- Do you often make impulse purchases, or do you think carefully when buying something?
- Do you ever have a plan B, for when something goes wrong with plan A? Give an example if you can.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail. Discuss this idea.
- No matter how much you plan, things may go wrong. Have your plans ever gone terribly wrong? What happened?
- Do you always share your plans with other people? What kind of plans do people keep secret? Why don't they want to tell other people what they are planning?
- What do you use to help you plan? A smart phone application? Computer software? A pen and paper?
- John Lennon sang, "life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans." What do you think he meant?
- Have you ever planned a party, wedding, or other event? How well did the event go?
- Are you following a career plan? What is the next step in your career path?
- Do you have financial plans? How important is it to plan your financial future?
- Have you planned for your retirement? At what age should someone seriously plan their life after working?
- When you travel, do you plan where you will go, what you will see, and what you will eat? On the other hand, do you prefer to take each day as it comes?
- Did you have any plans when you were younger that you gave up on? What went wrong?
- Do you have any plans that you feel you will never complete? Why do you hold onto them?