What have you read today?
- What's your favorite book? Who's your favorite author?
- Are you a fast reader or a slow reader? Have you tried to read more quickly?
- Do you prefer to read fiction or non-fiction books? Why?
- Do you try to read books that are recognized as classics? Why or why not?
- Where is the best place to read? How long can you read for in one sitting?
- How is your eyesight? Do you need glasses to read? Is too much reading bad for our eyes?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of reading on an e-reading device, such as a Kindle or iPad?
- Do you read magazines? What are some magazines you enjoy?
- Do you read the newspaper? Which section do you read first?
- The print industry has struggled in recent years because of the internet. Do you think paper newspapers and magazines will die out completely?
- What do you think is the most popular book in the world?
- Is there a good library in your neighborhood? How often do you go to the library?
- What does "don't judge a book by its cover" mean? Do you agree with this idea?
- Historically, some books have been banned or burned. Can a book be dangerous to society?
- What do you do if you come across a word you don't know while you're reading? Do you look it up, or just carry on?
- How many languages can you read in? How well can you understand each language?
- Is reading in a second language a good way to practice that language?
- People sometimes say that every person has 'a book in them'. Have you thought about writing a book? What would you write about?