Beauty and Appearance Conversation Questions
- Try to name each facial feature in English.
- Brainstorm a list of makeup and skincare brands.
- How much does makeup make a person look better? How much is too much makeup?
- Why do more women than men wear makeup?
- What’s your favorite makeup or skincare brand?
- Can only women be considered beautiful? When can we use the word beautiful for a man?
- Which famous people, present or past, are beauty icons?
- Is it better to look like other people or to look distinct in some way? What uncommon features look good to you?
- What do you think of the natural look (i.e. no makeup)?
- How long do you spend preparing your face before going out? How about before going to bed?
- Do you spend a lot of money on lotions, makeup, or treatments for your face? Is it too much?
- What kinds of treatments do clinics do to make a person’s skin look better?
- How important is hair when someone is trying to look good? Can a person with no hair look good?
- Which celebrity has great hair, in your opinion?
- Does a person’s character affect how beautiful they seem? How important are personality traits like confidence, kindness, or intelligence?
- How is beauty affected by age?
- Is looking in the mirror an act of vanity? Is there something wrong with looking in a mirror too often?
- Does a person’s body affect how beautiful they seem? Does a person need to be in shape to be considered beautiful?
- Is plastic surgery a radical thing to have done to look better, or is it no big deal these days?