With your conversation partners, make a list of the different subjects students study at school.
- When did you start school? Do you remember your first day?
- How far did you have to travel from home to school? How did you get to school?
- Did you enjoy school life? What did you like and dislike about it?
- Who was your favorite teacher? What do you remember about him or her?
- What was your favorite subject at school? Why?
- Did you have to wear a uniform to school? If so, what did yours look like?
- What are the pros and cons of uniforms for school kids?
- How many children were there in your class? What is the best number of students for a class?
- Did you go to any academies or receive any tutoring outside of your main school? Is extra education like that necessary?
- What did you and your classmates do during your lunch break?
- Was there bullying at your school? Did you have to deal with any bullies?
- Did you get a lot of homework? Do you think it helped you learn?
- How much sport did you do at school? Is sport important for school kids?
- Was art a significant part of your schooling?
- Did you learn any practical subjects like woodwork or cooking? What do you think about that kind of practical education?
- Were your schools single-sex or co-educational? Which style is better?
- Were you involved in any musical or theatrical performances at school? What memories of these events do you have?
- When students behaved badly, how were they punished at your school?
- What do you think about physical punishment? Is it effective?
- Did you ever skip school? What did you do instead of going to school?