Compete in groups to list as many sports as you can on paper or on a whiteboard.
- Do you play any sports these days? If not, how do you get exercise?
- Which sports do you enjoy watching on TV? How much time do you spend watching them?
- Have you watched any sports live at a sports ground or stadium? How was the experience? Was it better than watching on TV?
- Are there any sports you can't stand to see on TV? What are they and why don't you like them?
- Which is the most dangerous sport? What kind of injuries occur when people play it?
- Your country is best at which sports? Why is it strong at these?
- What sports did you play as a child? What was your proudest moment?
- Is sport an important part of education? What does it teach people?
- Who is your all-time favorite sportsperson?
- What do you think about crazy sports fans? Do you dress up to support your team?
- If the Olympics could only be one event, what should that event be?
- People compete in sport, games, the economy and many other areas of life. What is good and bad about competition?
- Is there too much money in sport? Are athletes paid too much or too little?
- Some new sports are called 'extreme sports'. What are some extreme sports? Have you tried any of these?
- Is motor-racing really a sport? How much recognition should we give to the engineers and designers versus the drivers?
- Some sports are often played alongside alcohol, like darts and pool. Do you consider the best players of these games to be athletes?
- What is different between sports and esports?
- Which is the sportiest country in the world?
- Athletes from which sports train the hardest?
- Some suggest that people who are good at sport, are not intelligent. What do you think about this stereotype?