With your group, list some healthy foods. Then say which ones you like eating.
- Have you ever been on a diet? If so, what was the goal of the diet?
- Overall, how is your diet? Do you think you generally eat well, not well, or poorly?
- Some people diet to put on weight or muscle. Is it more difficult to put on weight or lose weight?
- Some diets are very restrictive. What’s the toughest diet you have heard of?
- Diets seem to come and go in trends like fashion. Is it a good idea to do a fashionable diet?
- Some diets seem quite strange. What’s the weirdest diet you have heard about?
- Why do people diet? Is it more often about health or appearance?
- Naturally, people have different bodies. Is dieting about not accepting these differences?
- Body dysmorphia is a mental health disorder that causes people to see flaws in their bodies that others don’t see or consider important. Does everyone have body dysmorphia?
- Which foods are the unhealthiest? What’s the unhealthiest food that you love eating?
- How can the food we eat affect our mood?
- Is it necessary to take supplements, such as vitamins, to get more nutrients than food provides? Which supplements should we be taking?
- Have you heard of diet pills? Is it possible to lose weight by taking a pill?
- Dieting can be dangerous. How can we safely diet?
- Have you tried protein powder? Did it help you build muscle? How was the taste?
- Is it important to exercise along with dieting? Is dieting without exercise still beneficial?
- Yo-yo dieting refers to going on and off diets, losing and gaining weight. Why do people yo-yo like this?
- Have you ever fasted? What is the longest you have ever gone without eating?
- Some religions don't allow eating certain foods. Can you think of any examples?
- Intermittent fasting refers to not eating during a part of the day on a regular basis. For example, eating only between 1pm and 8pm, and then not eating the rest of the day and night. What could be the benefits of doing this?
- The keto diet involves eating very few carbohydrates (carbs), moderate protein, and higher amounts of fats and oils. Would you enjoy this kind of diet?
- How much water do you drink? Is it important to drink a certain amount of water each day?
- It takes mental strength to stay on a diet. If you are tempted to break your diet, can you stay strong?
- Can you think of any person or company that is famous for promoting diets or diet foods?
- There seems to be conflicting advice about dieting from different sources and ‘experts’. How can we know who to trust?